- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces non-sweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso, or 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 cup water
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 8 eggs, beaten to blend
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom and the sides of 9-inch diameter pan with parchment paper. Put all of the chocolate in a large bowl. Bring butter, brown sugar and espresso to boil in medium saucepan, stir to dissolve sugar. Add butter mixture to chocolate; whisk until smooth and well blended. Cool slightly; whisk in eggs.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come halfway up sides of the cake pan. Bake until the center of the cake is set and toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 1 hour. Remove pan from water. Chill overnight.
- Using oven mitts as aid, hold pan's bottom over low heat for 15 seconds, warming slightly to release the cake. Place platter over pan. Hold pan and platter together tightly and invert. Lift off cake pan, peel off parchment. Slice and serve with fresh berries.
Recipe is adapted from www.epicurious.com