Because if memory serves me right, everybody loves pasta salad. Especially now that the weather is warming up nicely in this good Northern CA. Did I hear someone say picnic?
And to be able to bring fresh, zesty, and healthy dish to the table that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, now that's just the icing on the cake!
- 12 ounces dry mini farfalle pasta, cooked al dente per package instructions
- 1 can sweet corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can capellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together oil, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper until well incorporated.
- Pour dressing over pasta and vegetables (you might not want to use all of the dressing), toss to combine, serve and enjoy!