We just got back from our mini vacation at Lake Shasta. 3 days in the sun, over a long holiday weekend, doing pretty much nothing other that being on the boat, fishing, a little bit of swimming and oh, yeah...eating mediocre ( and I'm sure not so healthy) food from whatever establishments we decided to step in. Scrapple for breakfast, soggy Reuben sandwich for lunch, BBQ tri-tip and pulled pork with mac and cheese for dinner. Ugh!
So now that we're back, the family's demands for home-cooked meals are running high. After doing a little ransacking in the kitchen, this is what I come up with.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced fried tofu
- 20 shrimp, shelled and veined
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 5-6 black garlics, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, slivered
- 1 tsp of oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of rice vermicelli noodle, cooked and drained
- In a wok or large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Toss in garlic, stir and cook until fragrant. Add chicken meat, tofu and frozen peas and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Add shrimp, oyster sauce, soy sauce into the wok. Cook until well done.
- Add cooked noodles into the wok, season with salt and pepper. Mix together until well blended. Remove from heat.
- To serve, put noodles on a plate, sprinkle with sliced black garlic and slivered green onion.