- 1 (1/4-ounce) package dry active yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 degree F)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 4 ounces melted butter, plus 2 ounces
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups flour, plus more for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Let sit for about 10 minutes, or until foamy. Add egg, salt, milk and 4 ounces of butter. Slowly add 5 cups of flour, or more if needed to make elastic dough. Continue kneading for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a buttered bowl, cover with kitchen towel and set in warm place until it's doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the muffin pan. Punch down dough and form dough into 2-inch balls. Place each ball in each muffin cup. Cover the muffin pan and allow to rise an additional 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F
- Brush the rolls with the remaining melted butter. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.