- 6 ounces dry Farfalle, cook until al dente
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 14 ounces (3 1/2 cup) fontina cheese, grated (you can use sharp cheddar if you prefer)
- 2 ounces romano cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Continue whisking and cooking for about 2 minutes. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
- Add cheese, salt, chile powder and garlic powder. Stir until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are incorporated. Sauce can be used immediately or refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Add cooked Farfalle and green peas. Mix thoroughly and serve.