- 1 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 5 pounds ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/2 pounds onions, coarsely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds green bell peppers, seeded, chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 ounces extra dark chocolate bar (75% or more)
- 2 large Jalapeño chilies with seeds, chopped
- 7 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (packed) minced canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes with added puree
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 12-ounce bottle dark beer (such as stout)
- Sour cream
- Chopped green onions
- Coarsely grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Sautee beef in a heavy large pot over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking up with spoon, drain the liquid. In a separate large skillet, heat the oil, add onions, garlics, peppers and jalapeño, sauté until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the vegetable to the pot with meat. Mix in spices, chili powder, chipotle chilies and chocolate. Pour in crushed tomatoes, kidney beans and beer. Bring chili to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper. When chili is done, ladle into bowls, serve with sour cream, chopped onions and grated cheese.
Note: Recipe is adapted from this website, modified (a little bit) by me.