- 1 (15 1/4 oz) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water/chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and ground white pepper to taste
- cooking oil for frying (you should have enough oil to cover at least 2-inches from the bottom of your skillet)
- Heat the cooking oil in a skillet over medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, egg, water/chicken stock, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended and reach thick batter consistency (add a little bit more water if necessary). Add corn, quinoa and chopped green onions, mix together with the batter.
- Once the oil is hot enough, drop a tablespoon of the corn batter into the oil. Repeat with the remaining batter. Fry until the fritters turn golden brown, remove from the skillet and drain on paper towel.