Humble looking dish that packs a lot of flavors!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 to 6 cups hot chicken broth
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, stem and black parts removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked and diced turkey breast
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Toss sliced mushrooms into rimmed baking sheet, top with 1 tablespoon of butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and slightly brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soy and translucent. Add rice, stir until well blended with the onions. Add wine, stir a little bit and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Pour 1 cup of broth into the rice, stirring often and simmer until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Continue the process with the remaining of the broth, until the rice becomes tender and creamy. The process should take about 20 minutes or so.
- Stir in turkey, green peas, mushrooms, Pecorino Romano and the remaining of the butter. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Continue cooking and stirring for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to bowls, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.