- 6 tablespoons of green curry paste (click here for recipe)
- 4 boneless chicken breast, cubed or thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 cup cubed eggplant (I used 1/2 cup of frozen green peas, but you can use any vegetable you like)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh whole basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and ground white pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the spice paste and kaffir lime leaves unit fragrant, then add coconut milk and chicken stock. Mix until blended and bring to boil. Put chicken pieces into the sauce. Reduce the heat to simmer, cook the chicken covered for about 15-20 minutes, or until chicken is done and no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables and basil leaves to the curry. Cook for an additional 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through and the sauce is reduced. Season the curry with fish sauce, sugar, salt and white pepper. Serve hot with steamed rice.