- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 2 or 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (plus 2 tablespoons) granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed banana, butter and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and remaining flour, beat till blended. Stir in 1/2 cup of granola.
- Line the muffin pan with the paper liners. Fill each pan with the batter, about 2/3 full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with some granola. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan, and cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 12-14 muffins.
Note: Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook