Easy, quick, and scrumptious biscuits for some people (like me) who are too lazy to bring out the rolling pin and cookie cutter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center, add milk all at once. Add cheese and chopped green onions. Stir until the dough is well incorporated.
- Drop a generous tablespoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, repeat with the remaining dough, keep 1 or 2-inch space between them. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Make about 12 biscuits