Don't be fooled by their humble looks. These babies are so good, even if I were deathly allergic to them, I would still eat 'em!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange-strawberry juice
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, orange-strawberry juice, and orange zest until smooth and creamy. Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix by hand until the dough is well blended. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unwrap the dough. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch-thick. Cut the dough using cookie cutter and transfer to line baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 mines, or until they turn golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool down. Store in airtight container.
Make about 24 2 1/2-inch cookies.