- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 2-3 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add mashed banana, butter, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and remaining flour; beat until mixed well. Stir in coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes over the batter. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan and cool thoroughly. Slice before serving.