It's so easy to make my own peanut butter, I don't think I will ever buy peanut butter from the store again.
- 1 pound organic shelled raw peanuts (about 3 cups), skin removed
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss together peanuts, 1/4 cup honey and sea salt until well combined. Spread the peanuts on the lined baking sheet in a single layer, roast for about 10-15 minutes. Using a spatula, stir the peanuts so they can cook evenly. Continue roasting for another 10 minutes, or until the peanuts turn golden brown. Remove baking sheet from the oven, cool peanuts completely.
- Transfer the peanuts into a food processor. Pulse and scrape the peanuts from the sides with rubber spatula. Add more honey if you prefer sweeter peanut butter. Continue pulsing until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Place peanut butter in an airtight container and enjoy anytime!