Vegetables in my cupcakes? Why, yes!
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 12 parmesan chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda until well blended. In a mixing bowl, beat egg, butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add half of the cream and half of the flour mixture into the mixing bowl, beat until combined. Add the remaining cream and flour, continue mixing for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped broccoli, fold into the batter using rubber spatula until well combined.
- Divide the batter into 12 lined muffin cups. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire rack to cool. Top with a dollop of cream cheese and one piece of parmesan chip before serving.
Makes 12 regular size cupcakes