- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded jicama
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- Segments from 2 large grapefruits
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts, chopped
- In a medium glass bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients to make the dressing. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, jicama and mint leaves. Add the dressing and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to individual salad plates, top with grapefruit segments and chopped candied walnuts.