- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (your leftover rotisserie chicken works wonderfully in this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar/Monterey Jack
- 20 corn tortillas
- Cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- Salsa, Guacamole, sour cream, and hot sauce for serving (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring occasionally until onion turns translucent and fragrant. Add shredded chicken into the skillet, season with cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Turn off the heat and remove the skillet from the stove and cool down
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place some very warm water in a large bowl. Dip one corn tortilla into warm water a few second until it turns pliable (don't skip this step as your tortilla will be brittle and will crack when you roll it). Transfer the tortilla to a work plate, place about one heaping tablespoon of chicken on the lower half of the tortilla. Sprinkle about 1/2 tablespoon of cheese on top of the chicken, and roll the tortilla all the way up. Place rolled tortilla on a lined baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until brown and crispy. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Serve warm with condiment of your choice (salsa, Guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce).