- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 medium sized lime, about 4 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- Slice the cucumber thinly (use a sharp knife or a mandolin). Transfer cucumber slices in a large colander, add about 1 tablespoon of salt, mix thoroughly. Place colander in the kitchen sink and leave it for 30 minutes to allow the excess water from the cucumber to drain. Rinse the cucumber with cold water and lay them on paper towel.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, cilantro, red chili flakes, and mustard seeds until well mixed. Add cucumber into the dressing and toss together.
- Keep salad in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to marinate before serving.