2 cups grated coconut
10 tbsp grated gula jawa (Javanese dark brown palm sugar)
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 3-inch stick of cinnamon, broken in halves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1 3/4 cups coconut milk (about 300 ml)
1 tsp pandan leaf essence/paste (can be substituted with 3 drops of green food coloring)
1/2 tsp salt
- Mix grated coconut, grated palm sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt together in a frying pan
- Cook over medium heat, constantly stirred until all of the moisture is absorbed.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, set aside and cool it down.
- Mix flour, rice flour,coconut milk, egg, pandan leaf paste and salt. Whisk until form smooth batter.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch frying pan, pour 3 tbsp of the batter into the pan. Make sure that the pan is covered with the batter so it becomes a thin layer of crepe. Fry for one minute, turn the crepe over and fry for another one minute. Remove and set aside to cool down.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Place 2 tbsp of the coconut filling in the center of the crepe. Fold the top, then tuck in left and right sides and fold over once more.
- Serve at room temperature.