- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine brandy and dried cherries together. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and set aside to cool down and until the brandy is absorbed completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center. Combine, egg, milk and oil, add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just till moistened. Add cherries, nut and chocolate chip into the batter, fold gently using a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Lightly grease muffin cups or line with paper cups, fill 2/3 full. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, serve warm.