- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, white part only, bruised
- 2 kaffir-lime leaves
- 10 red Thai bird chili peppers
- 1 cup shredded fresh sweet Thai basil
- 1 tbsp fresh Turmeric leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh kale leaves, chopped into 1-inch length
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a dutch pan, heat oil over medium heat. Put the first 10 ingredients in the pan and fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken, mix well with the spices. Add water or chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, cook covered until chicken is done and no longer pink. Toss in chopped kale leaves, continue cooking until the leaves are wilted. Remove from the stove.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.