- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 big bunch of flowering garlic chives, cut into 1 1/2-inch length
- 2 pieces of fried tofu, cut into strips
- 1/4 pounds beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or corn starch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely grounded Szechuan peppercorns
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek/ Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- Mix beef and tapioca starch in a large bowl until the beef is all coated in starch. In a large wok or skillet, heat the cooking oil over high heat. Put garlic and beef into the wok, stir and cook until the beef is cooked throughly and no longer pink.
- Toss the garlic chives and tofu into the wok, season with oyster sauce, soy sauce and Szechuan peppercorns (add chili sauce if you like). Continue cooking and stirring for another minute or two. Remove from the heat. Serve with steamed rice.