What to do with leftover wonton wrappers.
- 40 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced mint leaves
- To make the wontons: Mix the cheese thoroughly in a large bowl. Place a teaspoon of cheese in the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush the edges with some water, fold the wonton in half, and press the edges firmly to seal. Repeat the process with the remaining of the wrappers and cheese. Arrange the wontons, single layer, on a baking sheet.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Make sure you have enough oil to cover about 2 inches from the bottom of the frying pan. When the oil is hot, fry the wontons, a few at a time, until golden brown. Transfer immediately to baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- To make the dressing: Mix honey, lime juice and minced mint leaves in a medium bowl until well incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, place 2 or 3 wontons on a serving plate, and drizzle with the dressing.