Summer a-coming! Fruit slaw is a delightful companion for your summer barbeque without adding too much calories to your meal. The fruits in this recipe can be substituted with any kind of firm fruits.
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 firm mango, peeled and julienned
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 1 large Fuji apple, peeled and julienned
- Salt to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients; add fruits and toss gently to coat. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.