- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- In a soup pot, heat the oil. Add onions and garlics, cook over medium heat, stirring, until the onions turn translucent. Add milk, chicken stock, tomatoes, chopped basil into the pot. Stir to blend. Reduce the heat, simmer the soup for about 10 minutes, or until the soup thickens a little bit.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and pulse until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide soup into shooter glasses or small bowls. Serve warm with mini grilled brie sandwiches.
Grilled Brie Sandwiches
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces Brie (1/2 wheel), rind/white part removed, and sliced thinly
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place 2 on a hot pan, buttered side down.
- Top each bread with sliced Brie, cover with bread, buttered side up.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and the bread turns golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer sandwich to the cutting board. Remove the crust, and cut the sandwich into smaller pieces. Serve warm with tomato-basil soup.