- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 2-3 medium bananas)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- currants for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini muffin pan(s) with the paper liners. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add mashed banana, butter and milk. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended, then on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and the remaining flour; continue mixing until well combined. Fold chocolate chips into the batter with rubber spatula.
- Drop a teaspoonful of batter into each muffin pan, filling each 2/3 full. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove muffins from the pans, cool completely on wire rack.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and currants (optional)
Makes about 48 mini muffins or 24 regular muffins.