For the chicken:
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separate into 2 pieces, wing tips removed
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Put wings, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a resealable plastic bag. Toss the ingredients together to combine and coat the chicken completely. Seal the plastic bag, pressing the excess air out. Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Boil some water in a steamer over high heat. Place the chicken wings in the steamer basket, cover and reduce the heat to medium. Steam for 10-15 minutes. Remove the wings from the steamer basket, place them single layer on a baking pan lined with paper towel. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Replace the paper towel with parchment paper. Roast the wings in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the wings over, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes, until the wings turn golden brown and are cooked through.
- While the wings are roasting, place all the ingredients for the sauce (except sesame seeds) in a small saucepan and stir to combine. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl.
- Add chicken wings to the bowl and toss to combine. Place wings on a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.