- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add milk, butter and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until combined, ten beat on high speed for a couple more minutes. Add eggs and continue mixing.
- Spoon batter into lined cupcake pan, until halfway full. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Spoon a dollop of whipped cream on each cupcake and sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
Make about 24 regular size cupcakes