- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Dragon Fruit puree (from 1 medium fruit)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut flakes on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the oven and toast coconut until they turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool down completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream, dragon fruit puree, lemon juice and vanilla. Heat the milk on the stove until near boiling.
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, pour hot milk slowly into the bowl while whisking. Return the custard to saucepan, cook over low heat for about 2-3 minutes, stirring with wooden spatula. Remove saucepan from the heat, add fruit mixture and stir to combine. Cool custard to room temperature, add toasted coconut flakes into the mixture and combine. Cover and chill custard in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Freeze custard in an ice cream maker, transfer to airtight container and put in the freezer a few hours before serving.