Chicken corn soup with a kick! Leftover roasted chicken turns sexy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans sweet corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 2/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 2 medium red tomatoes, seeds removed and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, sauté until translucent and tender. Transfer onion and garlic into a blender. Add 1 can of corn and chicken stock, blend until smooth.
- Transfer corn puree into a large soup pot. Cook over medium heat. Add milk, the rest of the corn, cooked chicken, chile powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat, stir in tomato cubes. Transfer soup into individual bowls, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings as main dish.