One great recipe from Taste of Home website that produces the moistest corn muffins I ever baked!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blue cornmeal (or use yellow cornmeal)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in corn.
- Fill lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400 degrees F until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing the muffins to wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until blended. Serve with muffins.
Makes 12 regular size muffins