- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat sugar (white and brown) and butter together in a bowl with a hand mixer until pale and fluffy; about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each, until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture, beat until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, portion out dough and roll into balls. Place 2" apart on parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Using a fork, press tines over balls in a crosshatch pattern to flatten. Bake, rotating baking sheet halfway through cooking, until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe is taken from Saveur magazine, 101 classic recipes.