Our little journey to healthier living continues....
Now that you found this recipe, there is only one thing for you to do: run to the kitchen and start cooking this.
Believe me, you won't be sorry.
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 1 large cucumber; quartered lengthwise, remove the soft core, slice each quarter crosswise into 1/2" strips
- 1 large ripe but firm tomato; quartered, remove the core, and slice each quarter crosswise into 1/2" strips
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse quinoa under running water and drain. Place in a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, cover the saucepan and continue cooking for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, let the quinoa stand covered for about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and cool completely.
- Add cooked quinoa, cucumber, tomato, red onion, capers, feta cheese, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil into a large salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until combine and store in refrigerator while you're grilling the chicken.
- Wash the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides of chicken breast with ground cumin, salt and pepper. Cook the breasts on the grill, 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the center is no longer pink and the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board and slice. Place salad and chicken slices in individual plates and serve.