Summer is here!
Time to graduate from oh-so-common beef burgers and embrace the complex flavors of lamb patties.
Introducing, our new and improved summer staple.
- 6 slider buns or mini brioche buns
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices baby swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups loosely packed rainbow mix microgreens (or use any sprouts/greens of your choice)
- 6 slices ripe tomato
- Red onion rings
- Pre-heat the grill and lightly oil the grate
- In a large glass bowl, mix ground lamb, oregano, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt and pepper until combined. Divide ground lamb into 6 even portions, shape each portion into a medium sized patty. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, Sriracha and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Cook patties on the hot grill to your desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Place Swiss cheese on each patty, cook a little longer until cheese starts to melt. Transfer patties to plate.
- Spread Sriracha mayo on sliced slider buns. Place microgreens/vegetable on the patty, top with lamb patty, tomato slice and lastly red onion rings. Cover with the top of the bun. Serve immediately.