- 4 red shallots, thinly sliced (or 1 medium sized onion)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon terasi/belacan (fermented shrimp paste)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups of steamed white rice (preferably medium grain)
- 2 smoked sausages, sliced
- 1/2 cup of frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (dark sweet soy sauce)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 fried eggs, sunny side up
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots (optional)
- sliced cucumber and tomato (optional)
- prawn crackers (optional)
- With mortar and pestle, ground the first 4 ingredients until it forms spice paste. Heat cooking oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the spice paste, cook until fragrant, then add sausages and green peas. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or until the peas are completely thawed.
- Throw in rice and kecap manis, season with rice and pepper. Stir constantly to make sure that all the ingredients are evenly distributes and that none of ingredients stick to the wok.
- Serve immediately with fried egg, fried shallots, cucumber, tomato and prawn crackers.