- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs for coating
- cooking oil for frying
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 inch cubes. Combine chicken, onion, garlic, beef bouillon, salt, pepper, butter and water in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until done. Remove chicken breasts.
- When the chicken breasts are cool enough, shred using hands or coarsely chop. Add chopped green onions and mix well.
- Bring the remaining broth to boil. Add flour to the boiling broth and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute until it becomes dough. Remove dough from pan, knead until smooth.
- Flatten dough with rolling pin to about 1/4-inch thick and cut medium size circles with a biscuit cutter. Place dough in your palm, add a small cube of cream cheese and a teaspoon of the chicken filling. Make sure you can close the dough with the filling inside. Repeat the process until all the dough is used.
- Fold and close the dough in a shape of a drum stick. Baste the filled dough with egg wash and roll them over the bread crumbs. Deep fry the pastries at 350 F for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.