- 8 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces ripe plum tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 16 Zucchini blossoms
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat an oval baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Heat 5 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs and thyme and stir until breadcrumbs are lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Mix in tomatoes, cheese, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Fill Zucchini blossoms with breadcrumb mixture, using about 2 teaspoons for small blossoms and 1 tablespoon for large blossoms. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over baking dish. Place blossoms atop breadcrumbs in dish. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil over.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe is taken from Epicurious website.